Do you know you want Hydronic Radiant Floor Heating and you’re looking to ‘Stage’ your build process or leave your options open in terms of a Heating System? We are pleased to both introduce and now offer separately “CALDERA” – our latest structural, insulated floor heating system.
CALDERA Floor System
- Patent Pending “Top Down” technology designed for Mobile Applications
- Our “Keystone” allows you to determine where you want to bring your tubing out of the floor allowing any mechanical location / Van layout desired.
- Plank Flooring & Universal Corner System provide multiple tubing layout configurations out-of-the-box. Want a shower pan in-the-floor at your slider door, rear trunk in your spare tire location or aftermarket seating – no problem.
- Captures Tubing in toleranced channels inside-the-floor during assembly ensuring quiet longevity. PEX tubing expands and contracts during thermal cycles which can cause noise and/or the tubing to work itself out of traditional tubing installation methods when used in a mobile application.
- Construction Screw Assembly & Layup on the insulated subfloor. In short – we know from experience – nails do not work in mobile applications.
- Kits are CNC cut from 18mm LEED certified poplar lite-ply (40% lighter than typical shop plywood)
Structural Insulated Subfloor
- Lightweight Subfloor made from SIPs (structural insulated panels)
- 3mm poplar top and bottom sheet with 12mm XPS foam core [18mm total]
- 60-90 lbs (30-40 kg) Installed (Typical 9pc & 12pc Kits, respectively)
- Complete thermal break w/ ~R5 insulation value
- High density sound deadening properties
- Ability to put potable water lines across the van in the subfloor (for walk-thru Van layouts)
- Subfloor is bonded to the Vehicle floor during installation
- NOTE: this subfloor replaces our Legacy 2 part insulation & plywood subfloor system